Learners enroll and participate in Hyperlink courses. Here, you can find our guide on what's expected from learners, and how to get the most out of learning on Hyperlink.
We expect all participants to follow these simple guidelines so that we can maintain a safe, respectful, and effective learning environment for all.
- Beginner's Mind: Be humble, and cultivate awareness and respect for not knowing. Place everyone's learning on equal footing, and don't prioritize your experience over others'.
- Bias Free Zone: Learners come to Hyperlink with very different backgrounds, and different goals. Acknowledge your biases, and do your best to leave them at the (virtual) door.
- Full Attention: To co-create a successful learning environment, you owe your peers your attention and active participation. Engage with your whole self, while respecting that there are appropriate times for, say, open conversation vs. specific critique. If in doubt, ask which is most helpful.
- Communicate Clearly: Be upfront about your learning goals, do your best to explain things clearly, avoid mystery, and ask for what you need.
- Embrace Vulnerability: Learning can be uncomfortable, and learning with others requires a high degree of openness and trust. Stretch yourself, try to recognize different kinds of discomfort, and help create a welcoming space for exploring the unknown.
We take these guidelines seriously, and if any participant — learner or facilitator — acts in a way that harms the learning environment, we'll take action as soon as possible, starting with a warning and if disruptive behavior continues, escalating to dismissal from the course.
Enrolling in a Cohort
- Find a course or club you're interested in: Hyperlink Courses.
- On the right sidebar, browse the list of upcoming cohorts and select one that works for you. This will take you to the details page for that cohort, where you can enroll. (Clubs are a bit simpler and take you directly to the scheduled cohort where you can join.)
- Once you're enrolled, you'll have access to your cohort's private forum community. Read the "Getting Started" post detailing any first steps you should take, and introduce yourself.
Congrats — you're ready to start learning on Hyperlink!
If no cohorts are scheduled, or none fit your schedule, you can request one by emailing us at email@example.com.
Or, consider facilitating a cohort yourself! Continue reading to learn more about facilitating, and let us know if you have questions.